Can’t You See Were Busy!

What will you do when you ask for your bill in a restaurant and the waiter will answer you “Can’t you wait? Were busy!”

That was what happens to me yesterday, after church we headed immediately to Penong’s Barbecue and Grill restaurant so to feed our stomach. I didn’t take my meal at lunch so I was really starving, the restaurant was jam-packed with so many customers, like them we waited for others to finish, in fact were guarding one table so we could replace them the moment they were done.

So as you can see, we were also patiently waiting our butt from the start we went there down to waiting of the food, not to mention they serve their food so late because of so many customers ordering their barbecues and stuff. We absolutely understand that, if they can’t accommodate us real fast.

What I am venting out here is when we asked for our bill so many times even before we finish our food, in fact Sister Merlyn, with Faith and Mariel went out already because they had given us our bill way too long. Then I asked again another waiter, the waiter who was in charge of the unlimited rice, to send us our bill. I also told him that we already waited for 30 minutes and my company went out already. The waiter passes by to us, and when he was a bit far he said “Can’t you wait? Were busy!”

Dear Lord! In my entire life, I never experienced treated like that as a customer in any establishment. I went to their cuunter and simply told the cashier if they needed my money coz if they don’t, I will just walk away and leave my bill behind, the cashier was surprised, and the manager quickly accommodated me.

While paying, I express my grief towards the manager telling him, how their waiter treated their customers specifically with that ugly beast one. That they should have a proper seminar in handling the customer and their being hectic is not a mere excuse to tell the customer “Can’t you see? Were busy!”

I left after I made a complain about that waiter, the manager said sorry I hope they would learn from that lesson.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... [ Tagged In ] ,

11 Responses to “Can’t You See Were Busy!”

1. fidelity says:

relax lang sis, wag init ang ulo..hehehe..btw pag nagnyari yan sa akin aawayin ko din ang management…customers always right 🙂

2. Mommy Rubz says:

I would acted the same way if it were to happen to me. Hehehe…

Pinay Mommy

3. eden says:

it is good you complained it to the manager himself. sus, kung ako sad ato ang giingnan moulbo gyud ko in front atong waiter. maayo gani anne naka pogong pa ka. dili sad maayo iyang gibuhat.

4. Bill says:

I aree with you Anne. That is one thing that i cant stand is rude waiter staff. This is what they get paid for is to accommodate their customers. You did what i would have done. i might even would have asked for a discount for waiting so long and rude staff but thats just me.

Hi Fidelity, hehehe nag init jud akong ulo lami kau pang dukdukon ug kaldero hehehe

Hi Mommy Rubz, definitely of all they are trying to make you wait is with you paying ure bill, if it was happen to other, they would really go out without saying good bye. coz the place were open you could simply sneak out

lagi ug si manang pa ipakasaba jud daw sa manager nga nag atubang ko para klaro jud daw nga gikasab an lol

hi bill here in the philippines a discount is not an option, definitely the owner would say no, as Terry said if thats the case better yet not to go back there to eat.

9. Hazelicious929 says:

oh my Anne! if ako gi-ingnan ana dili ko magbayad nila, who cares? nabusog na ko and then libre pa ang meal nako? it is not my fault if they are busy! it is their problem, they should hire more manpower to accommodate their customers! ingna sila na they have a bad service! lagot ko ana jud! hahaha

10. Mom of Four says:

Sometimes waiters would treat you like that, as if your money is not as good as others. My hubby would get out of the restaurant if we don’t get approached within 15 minutes. It happened to us at Barrio Fiesta in SM Fairview. We left because we were waiting and no one approached us. Kala ko kapag may kasama kaming foreigner i approach kami agad, but I was wrong…

Hi Hazel hehehe nakatiyempo lang talaga sila na customer na tulad ko na would patiently going to wait pero the other waiter’s reaction is not acceptable at all, ay sus hapit lagi nako 123 grrrr