What Shall I Do?

I am really having a hard time teaching my eldest daughter for civics, it’s just a simple memorization and a little bit of analyzing the question to get the right answer, she could not still get it.

Her tutor told me this afternoon that she cannot start teaching Mj today as she had some errands she needs to attain for, so what else can I do but to wait her to start on Monday. However Mj quizzes cannot wait until next week, we need to review her notes especially in CIVICS. Math has always been her favorite subject so I don’t have any issues with that, but GOD forbid why is that CIVICS subject is really hard for her. Could anyone tell me the techniques on how to teach her at such? I graduated in Commerce major in Accounting so teaching was really not my field, maybe there are some ways of teaching kids who are not into analyzing or memorization, they said I should not be objective; instead I should assist her to understand the contents. But what are the ways to do that?

I know I should gave her a break as she is adjusting yet to her new school, but I can’t just let her with low scores, not with Math though, Oh Civics! Why are you so hard to understand? Please comprehend. Waahhhhhhhhhh,

7 Responses to “What Shall I Do?”

1. Twerlyn says:

ok ra na Anne oi,ang importante ganahan cia sa Math. Dili tingali ganahan u anak facts about Pinas (History) mao, buringan cia ba. Ipa review lang cia sa book, then kay more on memorization man na cia, tagai lang cia ug KEYWORD,then mao ra na iya tandaan to get the right answer..not the whole thing. murag password ba.hehe!

2. Mom of Four says:

Well, there are kids that don't like memorization and such. You just need to be patient with her. I have no patience to teach that's why I am not a teacher. But we can't show our kids that we are aggravated or the more they won't study. Ask her what part of the subject she cannot get. If she understands the topic, but won't memorize it, she probably is not paying attention to it. No TV for a while?? Just a suggestion..

3. texas_sweetie says:

i don't blame MJ if she doesn't like that subject….BOOOORR….IIINNNNGGG!! very boring jud mayo pa Science-Biology ana.. katulgon ko ana subjectka oi. naay weakness ang mga studyante depende unsa nga subject d nimo mapugos jud.. pero tuon lang jud gyapon bahala d ganahan no choice hehe..

4. chubskulit says:

The way i memorize stuff when i was in school is to sing the it hehehe.. I am not sure if it will work on your daughter..

na lagi twerl oi favorite man unta na nako tung una hehehe

Hi liz ang kaso lang din kasi I dont have that patient when it comes of teaching kaya gusto ko sana she would learn that fast nd pala dapat ganun, I should go with the flow.

Hi ann hehehe ganahan baya pud ko ug history tung una lol pero ambot lang ni siya oi wahhh