Chains For Towing

Have you ever had to have your car towed? I have an older car and when I first got it, I was having problems with it. It would break down on the road and I would have to be towed. I remember the first time it was towed; the person just used a chain because it was only a short distance to the repair shop.

Well this got me interested in learning more about chains, especially those use for lifting and towing. One thing I noticed about this particular repair shop was that they had chains that they used for lifting. Being a woman, these things were really not familiar with me, but my husband says, you can never stop learning. He really wants me to know things, especially when it comes to the car.

13 Responses to “Chains For Towing”

1. Alex says:

Hi, I would suggest that you let the mechanic overhaul the engine of your car. Cars that breakdown easily can be quite problematic, especially if you travel at night.

2. papaleng says:

Talaga namang observant ka. I do have little knowledge about towing chains. Ma-i-research nga.

3. Marie says:

No comment na lang po ako. I’m not familiar with these stuffs! hihi! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. chubskulit says:

Nope and I am hoping that I won’t experience it hehehe.

Your comment at my Obstacles & Glories post will be greatly appreciated..

5. Ria C says:

I had the misfortune of experiencing my old SUV conking out in the middle of the intersection. And believe me, I must have prayed to all the angels and saints to make the old chunk of metal crank up one more time so I could drive it to the curb. And it started and that was it. I never had the chance to drive it again ๐Ÿ™

Good thing, there were numerous towing companies around so I just had it towed. And yes, I noticed they used some sturdy and chunky looking chains connected to a machine that pulls out the vehicles.

It pays to have a towing company’s number saved in your phone, just in case ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ria C

6. thanks for sharing… atleast i know what to do just in case my car gets towed which i’m hoping will not happen.. hehe

cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

7. it’s challenging to learn men’s stuff talaga ๐Ÿ™‚ ako naman, makokontento muna sa makikisakay … hehehe pang maintenance lang ang meron ako ei… ๐Ÿ™‚

8. imriz says:

yay! same here, the husband always taught me that i should learn how a car runs and not just be behind the steering wheel na lang.

9. Jennie says:

I’ve been driving for almost half my life and I have no idea about those kinds of chains. Let alone changing tires! I’m in a lot of trouble, I know. Haha!:)

10. I’ve seen cars that’s been towed. But I never knew about these chains that they used to lift cars. Thank you for sharing this post. I’ve learned something today.

11. Rovie says:

I can just imagine how hard it must be for you Mare. Maau gani kay gamhanan ka. LOL ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Lainy says:

I don’t have my own car but like ems, I’ve also seen cars that’s been towed. This is a good innovation to make things easier for them.

13. rocky says:

my hubby wanted me to learn stuff about cars too